– Phenylbutazone is a pyrazolone derivative belonging to the group of the non – steroidal anti – inflammatory drugs.
– Phenylbutazone inhibits the cyclooxygenase enzyme and interferes thus with the formation of cyclic endoperoxides, prostacyclin, and prostaglandins thromboxanes.
– The anti- inflammatory effect appears only in the inflammatory tissue if there is an accumulation Sufficient of phenylbutazone and the amount of prostaglandin has processed.
– Phenylbutazone also exerts a stabilizing action on the capillary wall and the lysosomal membranes, which inhibits inflammatory responses in the same time.
– The anti – inflammatory activity of phenylbutazone (inhibition of peripheral prostaglandin), is considerably (inhibition of central prostaglandin).
Reatment of musculoskeletal disorders in horses and dogs where the anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of phenylbutazone can offer relief against inflammation, pain and lameness (for example, osteoarthritis, acute and chronic laminitis, bursitis and carpitis).
– In case of decreased hepatic or renal function of animals (mainly in animals older ), it is recommended to reduce the dose.
– Inject slowly strictly intravenously. Rapid intravenous injection can be at the origin of a local phlebitis. Perivascular injections can cause Severe inflammation and necrosis at the injection site.
– Do not use before surgery.
– Administer only to adult animals.
– The dogs are very sensitive to the ulcerogenic effects of this product on the gastrointestinal mucosa, even when take the therapeutic doses.
– The indicated dose or treatment duration cannot be exceeded.
– Using the product is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
– Phenylbutazone affect the action of many pharmaceuticals, firstly by protein binding and displacement of the other by an interference at the renal excretion (tubular secretion).
– Phenylbutazone increases the plasma levels of these:
Sulfonamides, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. products.
– phenylbutazone decreases the uricosuric action for salicylics derivatives.
– phenylbutazone prolongs plasma half.
– life for Penicillin and its derivatives.
– Phenylbutazone should not be used when processing with podotrochlear warfarin.
– It is not recommended to treat dogs intravenously over two consecutive days.
– Do not use in animals intended for human consumption.
– Do not use in new –born domestic animals. This product contains benzyl alcohol which has been documented to cause adverse reactions in neonates.
Carton box containing amber glass vial (type I) containing 20, 50, 100, 250, 500 ml and 1 Liter injectable solution closed by chlorobutyl rubber stopper sealed with aluminum cap covered with central tear off plastic cover with outer label + inner leaflet.